At Oracle OpenWorld we know that peer-to-peer learning is crucial. You want to hear how other companies are approaching similar business and technology challenges. How are others evolving fundamental applications and platforms? How are departments integrating emerging technologies to take the business into the future?
We built this year’s Oracle OpenWorld Session Catalog with those questions in mind. You need real-life examples and in-depth case studies. You can find a filtered list of customer sessions on our website here (note that we add new sessions on a daily basis) but here are five stand-out case studies worth attending at Oracle OpenWorld 2018:
- City of Detroit Water and Sewerage Dept: As a new standalone department within Great Lakes Water Authority, Detroit Water & Sewerage (DWSD) is essentially a 185-year-old startup. Come hear Dan Rainey, CIO of DWSD, discuss how the department built an independent IT organization in order to better service its 650K customer base. Rainey will cover DWDS’s cloud-first strategy and how its Oracle PaaS and IaaS solution has enabled the company to focus 100 percent on customer satisfaction. (CAS4312)
- AT&T: AT&T signed an agreement with Oracle in 2017 to move thousands of its large-scale internal databases to Oracle Cloud’s infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS). Attend this session (CAS1601) to hear directly from AT&T’s technical team. They’ll cover the transformation progress, challenges faced, and lessons learned.
- Caesar’s Entertainment: Finance professionals won’t want to miss this case study with Caesar’s Entertainment CFO Michael Mann. In this session (CAS2929), Mann will talk about how the company moved its 30-year-old ERP system to Oracle Financials Cloud. This session will appeal to those who work in ERP applications—but also IT, as Mann will also outline how Caesars implemented a reporting data flow architecture that enabled the interoperability of Oracle ERP Cloud with the Oracle Hyperion suite of products.
- Dropbox: If you’re looking to gain better visibility in your financial reporting, here’s a session for you. Come learn how net-native Dropbox used Oracle Analytics Cloud to increase visibility into detailed expense information to improve decision-making. (CAS4917) With more than 500 million registered users across 180 countries, Dropbox’s mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
- Gap Inc: We’re fortunate to have key retail customer Gap Inc participating in two Oracle OpenWorld sessions. First, Gap Inc will present about IaaS and the corporation’s journey to the cloud. (CAS3312) Fakir Nooruddin, Vice President Information Technology, Gap Inc. will talk about business drivers for cloud adoption, IT strategic planning for the cloud, and technology considerations to build a cloud foundation in Oracle Cloud. Second, Gap Inc leaders will share how its brand Intermix uses Oracle Cloud in every store sale (CAS4341). Retail professionals will be keen to hear about this cutting-edge implementation and about Gap Inc’s plans to roll out the same initiative across other flagship stores.
We will launch Schedule Builder function in early October, which will give you the ability to pre-register for sessions that appeal most to you. Be sure to reserve your spot—as popular sessions will fill up quickly.
Happy Content Browsing!
The Oracle OpenWorld Team
Powered by WPeMatico